Scope and Responsibility
• The digital content editor is responsible for taking consumer-targeted web content from concept to publication by overseeing a diverse team of staff and freelance contributors and coordinating with internal marketing departments.
• Whether the editor is assigned to web properties that support the marketing campaign for a summer blockbuster film, record release, video game, or major touring production, he or she develops strategies for generating meaningful content that garners a high volume of visits, and encourages awareness and excitement around the product.
• Content typically includes written news articles, video interviews and behind-the-scenes features, podcast discussions, and a variety of embedded games or other interactive apps.
• Specific processes of this position will vary by company, but essentially follow the pipeline of brainstorming, assignment, production, editing, and publication.
• The editor will work with staff to brainstorm content topics and then delegate assignments to in-house contributors and freelancers.
• During the production process, whether for written copy, audio, or video, the editor supervises the contributors to ensure that they are meeting deadlines and are maintaining the focus of the assignment.
Skills and Requirements
• To be successful as a digital content editor requires a diverse range of education and experience.
• A college degree in communications, journalism, or English is relevant to this career.
• Study should include courses in creative writing, copyediting, news writing, digital media, and marketing.
• Training in the use of video editing and production equipment, in addition to audio production, is encouraged. The content editor should also be familiar with content management systems like WordPress, Drupal, and Tumblr, as well as basic CSS and HTML.
• Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is also encouraged. Above all, the editor must possess the ability to guide contributors toward the creation of meaningful, quality content, with attention to serving the interests of the brand and the audience.
Jobs in England, Jobs for Digital Editor, Jobs for Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing jobs in London, Jobs in Digital Media Industry, Jobs in Digital Marketing, Jobs in London, Jobs in UK, Digital Media Recruitment Agency in London, Digital Media Manpower Recruitment Agency in London, Digital Media Recruitment Agency in UK, Digital Media Manpower Recruitment Agency in UK, Manpower Recruitment Agency, Recruitment Consultant