- Directs and coordinates the activities of all shipping and receiving associates.
- Coordinates accurate receiving and delivery of incoming materials from vendors.
- Organizes and prioritizes customer deliveries to ensure products are received by the deadline listed on the order.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery dates as well as proper reception of necessary materials.
- Ensures that transportation modes, frequency of transports and routing are as efficient and as cost effective as possible.
- Negotiates transportation services and rates with various carriers
- Analyzes the financial impact of proposed changes to the operations of the logistics department.
- Assists in the selection of carriers based on qualifications and performance evaluations
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations regarding logistics and makes sure carriers are also in compliance.
- Resolves customer complaints relating to transportation and other logistical issues
- Work with global transportation team to drive logistics cost out of the business unit
- Ensure that the appropriate paperwork for all shipments is created, distributed and filed according to customer expectation, company polices and industry standards.
- Creates and updates policies and procedures for all logistics activities.
- Ensures that logistics employees are trained appropriately on all relative company policies and procedure and ensures that they understand their roles in the global logistics strategy of the company.
- Interfaces with customs agencies and freight brokers to expedite international shipments.
- Perform duties in accordance with established quality standards.
- Perform such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
- 5 years Shipping/Receiving experience.
- 2 years minimum prior supervisory experience in the Shipping/Receiving area.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to manage personnel and lead by example.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast pace environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Action and results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Shipping Recruitment Agencies in London, London Shipping Recruitment Agencies, Shipping Recruitment Agencies in UK, UK Shipping Recruitment Agencies, Top hr firms London, Top Hr Consultant in London, Best Hr Consultant in London