- Building a network of media contacts who are interested in International Development stories
- Networking within Street Child to identify interesting and relevant stories for the media
- Developing press releases and pitching stories to your media contacts
- Contributing stories to the ‘News’ section of the Street Child website
- Experience of working within a press office function, building relationships with the media and of writing press releases
- Excellent communication skills and a highly professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and manage their own work with minimal support
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to the development sector
- Ability to be flexible and work outside of your specific duties when needed.