- To provide operational support to port management team and crew in order to maintain efficient towage operations.
- To provide ad hoc cover for the Duty Operations Assistants when necessary. This will cover holidays, sickness, training etc. Longer periods of relief will require 24/7 cover.
- Work with the Technical team to ensure safe and effective transfer of vessels between ports and associated familiarisation of personnel to vessels.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Quality and Safety Management System.
- To assist with the maintenance of all crew records including the management of all timesheets for processing by payroll and the submission of the required input to pay roll to ensure that crew are paid correctly when required.
- Assist as required regarding processing operational invoices, entering details into HELM to ensure that sales invoices can be generated in a timely way.
- Work alongside the Duty Operations Assistants to arrange holiday and sickness cover for crew, keeping accurate records of both when required.
- Assist with general administration tasks and undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the operational efficiency of the business.
- Familiarity with Maritime Rules, Regulations, Codes and Guidelines; ISM Code and ISPS requirement’s and class preferred
- Shore side marine experience preferred, particularly with regard to regulations and legislation, including knowledge of Manila amendments
- Some shore commercial experience would be beneficial
- UK driving licence required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to use MS office as well as our internal systems.
- Influencing and leadership skills
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify problems and provide innovative solutions.