- Carry out office administration, including billing and writing letters
- Organise diaries, schedule meetings and respond to telephone queries
- Write first document drafts and proofread documents
- Analyse and input data, write articles for internal or external circulation
- Organise case files, attend court inquests, transcribe legal opinion and compile litigation bundles
- Network with clients and build valuable relationships
- Write reports, conduct legal research, take witness statements and attend meetings with experts or claimants - usually the duties of a more experienced paralegal.
- The Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or the Legal Practice Course (LPC).
- At least six months' work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks or caseloads
- Good attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data
- Legal research skills and the desire to develop your understanding of the law
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Office administrative skills for tasks such as filing, typing and letter writing
- Good teamwork skills particularly when working with other departments to complete your tasks