- Assess the quality of business proposals through appropriate due diligence checks including financial information, searches, third party reports and appropriate product information.
- Support the Underwriter in preparing high quality credit papers for proposed transactions for submission to Sightings / Credit Committee.
- Follow AML / CDD procedures, preparing Risk Assessments, Search Lists and Onboarding Checklists together with required level of due diligence to enable the successful onboarding of new clients.
- Prepare fresh searches and due diligence for all new client directors.
- Work with panel lawyers to prepare legal agreements in line with credit sanction.
- Liaise with Arbuthnot Latham Credit and Compliance team as required.
- Support the Underwriter / Client Manager / Business Development Director in the approval and onboarding process, from initial enquiry through to first payment, in line with ABL procedures and risk appetite.
- Keep bad debts and client attrition to a minimum.
- Understand risk drivers and monitor triggers ensuring that risk is managed within Arbuthnot Commercial ABL Credit Policy and Procedures.
- Visit prospects as required. Prepare visit reports as necessary.
- Recognise and report compliance breaches, errors and potential frauds.
- Work with external Accountants, Auditors, Valuer and Lawyers as necessary.
- Present a positive image of Arbuthnot Commercial ABL at all times.
- Support the Commercial Team in meeting growth targets, meetings KBIs and prospects as required.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience in ABL/AR financing or similar environment.
- Understanding of ABL/AR products, procedures, markets and industry sectors.
- Strong analytical & financial analysis skills.
- Handle high work volumes whilst maintaining accuracy, quality and client focus.
- Strong risk focused approach.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Computer literate.
- Team player, establishes effective working relationships at all levels.
- Work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Professional, well-presented, client-focused approach.
- Relevant degree or professional qualification desirable but not essential
- Business & Commercial Focus
- Judgement & Problem Solving
- Influencing Others
- Expert Knowledge
- Team Working
- Planning and Reviewing
- Client Focus