- Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Senior Production Engineer will be responsible for managing all products and tooling processes in the manufacture of injection moulded products made from PVC, TPE, PA, SEBS, EPDM and FKM.
- Identify and source tool makers for the manufacture of new tools
- Work with tool makers on new tools and projects to identify potential problems that could impact cycle time/quality once in production
- Attend trials of new tools to fully evaluate tool performance, function and specification
- Report issues and advise on best possible solutions to resolve tooling problems
- Identify continual improvement opportunities to ensure optimisation of manufacturing capability and quality, Share knowledge and train operational teams to ensure the most effective use of production processes
- Ensure adherence to quality procedures
- Provide effective project management and engagement with key stakeholders
- Ensure employees work in a safe and legal manner and comply with the company’s health and safety policy
- The successful candidate will have previous experience of injection moulding techniques, as well as technical knowledge of plastic injection moulding machines.
- Experience of new part sampling techniques and approval procedures are essential, as well as the technical skills in moulding processes and methods.
- Experience of moulding cable gland and cleat components would also be advantageous.
- As the candidate will deal with a number of projects and stakeholders on a daily basis, management skills are essential as well as good organisation, time management and communication skills.
- It is also important that the candidate is self-motivated with an innovative approach to problem solving.