Key responsibilities of the role
- Engage with production associates to understand to root cause of line performance issues and lead improvement activities (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, Kaizens, and One Point Lessons).
- Own daily and long term line performance for their dedicated area.
- Develop standards to ensure that knowledge is captured and shared across the packaging section.
- Facilitate OPS1 meetings and report on line performance at OPS2.
- Visit suppliers for performance reviews, project updates, and quality improvement projects.
- Plan and execute trial activities.
- Lead process improvements across the packing section.
- Drive the supplier non-conformance process (CAPA).
- Analyse material performance and conformance to specification.
- Support R&D to deliver large scale/centrally led packaging trials.
- Lead local packaging trials.
- Support the role out the Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) using RCA and Kaizen tools to drive performance.
- Educated to degree level ideally within Packaging or Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent vocational experience
- Diploma in packaging technology preferred
- Desire to develop and coach teams through building leadership capabilities
The experience you'll have
- Ability to identify losses, lead improvement activities and develop standards.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a packaging R&D, Production, Engineering or Continuous Improvement role.
- Knowledge of glass, injection moulding, flexibles, corrugate and paper materials.
- Knowledge of automated packaging machinery
- Strong analytical skills