Duties and Responsibilities
- Packaging redesign to meet international standards for quality and cost improvements, covering all materials involved in the packaging process.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and other members of the team.
- Clearly communicates project progress, challenges and solutions that arise with projects and discusses accordingly with relevant team members and stakeholders.
- Provides training to new personnel.
- Demonstrates a diverse knowledge on packaging, materials, processing technologies, labelling, and an excellent external network of suppliers / industry to support packaging development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science and/or Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience working within the Medical Devices or equivalent regulated industry.
- A minimum of 5+ years in packaging development / engineering for a regulated industry.
- Knowledge of Value Engineering and Cost-Initiatives would be desirable.
- Understanding of basic ‘graphic artwork development’ and printing techniques.
- Experience in medical device design control and/or manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrable experience of on-time delivery of complex technical projects and activities.
- Building productive relationships with external parties (e.g. design houses and contract development and manufacturing organisations (CDMO’s).
- Applying a range of statistical techniques incl. Design of Experiments (DoE) to product / process development activities.
- Highly structured, ability to progress tasks in parallel, and proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience of Product & Process Validation activities.
- Highly computer literate i.e. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in design for manufacture, design for assembly and/or value proposition design.
- Practical hands-on engineering skills. Prototypes, jigs & fixtures development.
- Experience of Injection Moulding, Plastic welding/bonding, adhesives, processing flexible films/fabrics and Automated Systems an advantage.
- Experience of Design Transfer from R&D to Manufacturing Operations.
- Experience of setting up new / pilot processes to full scale production systems is desirable.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Science/Technical/Engineering.
- CAD skills / qualifications.
- Understanding of statistics in product / process development.
- Strong Team Player.
- Strong Customer focus.
- Excellent communicator - verbal, written, presenting.
- Experience of collaborating across R&D, Packaging teams, Marketing, & Manufacturing.
- Pragmatic, operates with and communicates a sense of urgency.
- Educates / develops self & others in appropriate skills to maintain competitive advantage.