- Design electro-mechanical products using 3D CAD (Solidworks), produce 2D drawings to BS EN 8888, produce prototype parts to verify design & support engineering change requirements.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure designs meet their needs.
- Liaise with external supply chain partners to ensure designs can be produced in an economical and practical manner.
- Develop new products to comply with relevant regulations.
- Identify and undertake suitable tests to validate product designs through robust product testing.
- Prepare technical reports detailing test methodology, results and recommendations.
- Manage projects effectively to ensure timescales and budgets are met.
- Provide regular updates on project progress and project spend.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing products in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Product Design or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- 3D & 2D CAD (Solidworks) experience
- MS Office.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques: injection moulding / ceramic. (desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant technologies: pumps / motors / electronics. (desirable)
- Knowledge of engineering principles: static mechanics / fluid mechanics / electrics / materials.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritise own workload without supervision
- Able to take on responsibility outside of remit due to working in a small senior team where responsibilities can overlap