- Coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Brief team leaders on a daily basis
- Visit customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipments
• Bachelor's degree in logistics or a related field.
• Experience of working in a team and dealing with people in a warehouse setting will improve your chances.
• Getting a forklift licence will be helpful.
- Planning and organising skills to effectively manage the flow of stock
- Analytical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines