- Facilitate the seamless flow of inbound stock Imports and customer outbound orders, at the right cost and at the right time, whilst ensuring local customs compliance regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers, carriers and vendors on a daily basis, checking all applicable documentation is in place and fully compliant for import and subsequent re-export to over 170 markets.
- Ensuring goods are restricted to relevant markets where necessary
- Accurate classification of goods using the Harmonised Tariff System.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve problems that could delay the release or movement of import or export shipments ensuring Government/Customs compliance is adhered to for all markets
- Provide clear and concise Import Clearance Instructions to Carriers
- Undertake regular audits of Import entries, ensuring 100% compliance with all customs formalities
- Assist the customer care team in ensuring seamless delivery of customer shipments
- Process all urgent non-customer shipment requests through carrier software and create all relevant shipping documents.
- Identifying areas of risk within the supply chain and providing solutions to maintain compliance controls
- Check accuracy of carrier invoices
- Preparation of information and reporting for Trade and Transport management team
- Ensure good inter and intra team communication
- •Coordinate logistics for stock shipments required at various global events
- A strong organizer, efficient worker who is detail orientated and methodical
- Ability to multi task and prioritise heavy workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify problems, demonstrate use of initiative and implement appropriate solutions
- Excellent computer skills, essentially Excel, Outlook and Carrier software
- Knowledge of International Customs laws/regulations and export compliance policies, documentation and processes
- Understanding of AIR Export documentation and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of Harmonised Tariff System, HMRC Customs Procedure Codes and revenue amendment policies
- Good understanding of Free Trade Agreements and duty relief procedures
- Logistics experience of main methods of transport (Air, road & sea)
- Full understanding of Incoterms
- Previous experience of Dangerous Goods, ATA Carnet and CITES protocols advantageous
Import and Export Coordinator Recruitment Agency in London, Import and Export Recruitment Agency in London