- Establish and maintain ground rules aimed at maximizing savings of duty costs whilst minimizing effort involved in accounting for and the tracking of imported hardware.
- Ensure that goods imported under IPR and/or Airworthiness Scheme or End-Use are properly accounted for in accordance with HM Customs & Excise requirements and that the companies' duty liabilities are correctly discharged upon sale or export.
- Ensure that quarterly returns to HM Customs & Excise are accurately prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Implement and maintain all controls necessary to ensure site compliance with all UK national and EU
- Export regulations.
- Implement and maintain all controls necessary to ensure site compliance with all US re-export
- Promote awareness of export controls to site personnel, including new starters and provide guidance as necessary.
- Ensure that all site shipments are vetted as appropriate for accuracy and compliance with both IPR and export licensing requirements prior to dispatch.
- Provide advice and all necessary documentation to travelers hand carrying goods overseas.
- Ability to learn, absorb and apply detailed complex regulations e.g. Customs inward processing relief (IPR), UK/US military export licences and agreements
- Good numerical and verbal reasoning
- Good communication skills
- Strength of character necessary when taking and upholding difficult compliance decisions
- Computer literate in all Microsoft packages; able to learn in-house database systems quickly and identify/propose changes necessary to ensure continued compliance with evolving changes in government legislation or requirements
- Detailed knowledge of Global Import / Export regulations and US export and re-export regulations
- Knowledge of aerospace products/platforms.
- Suitable candidates will probably have a commercial or logistics background
- Able to interface with people at all levels within Goodrich; customers, suppliers and officials at the DTI and HMC&E.