Roles & Responsibilities
- Review meeting request and conduct meeting qualification call with client.
- Develop and implement program and profit/negotiation strategy to achieve best price and/or enhancement consideration with suppliers, supporting the specific needs of the client.
- Utilize knowledge of domestic and international destinations to recommend appropriate venues. Maintain knowledge of new destination options, value-priced destination options and promotional offerings.
- Gather all information necessary to properly source and place an event on behalf of a client, including standard availability grids from designated technology tool.
- Initiate RFP process to secure appropriate room blocks, logistical event needs, and pricing from hotels and other suppliers.
Leadership & Relationship Management
- Work closely with client to ensure program objectives are addressed, maintain open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
- Maintain open and on-going communication with team regarding supplier utilization, key negotiations, performance and unique programming ideas. Advise team on preferred hotels and help direct decisions to those hotels participating in the Preferred Program.
- Partner with third party suppliers to understand and negotiate their services as needed. Advise team members as appropriate regarding new or revised information from suppliers.
- May be requested to manage VIP negotiations.
Financial & Reporting Responsibility
- Advise Meeting Management Team and business partner, or meeting owners of initial deposit requirements.
- Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial and estimated budget and cost savings information as needed.
- Maintain tracking information of all tentative, sold, and canceled programs in business program management system.
- Maintain accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive experience in project, event or meeting management, at strong experience in procurement required
- Degree preferred
- Experience in hotel buying required
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Knowledge of domestic hotels and destinations required, international a plus
- Knowledge of travel supplier operations, overall capabilities/range of services
- Program management system experience preferred, especially with an online sourcing tool (such as Cvent, Lanyon, or Lenos)
- Understanding of and ability to effect win/win solutions
- Operations experience in hospitality industry or equivalent a plus
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized with an ability to handle multiple requests at one time.
- Calm and organized when presented with deadlines.
- Strong data entry, written, and communications skills.
- Ability to work onsite at Client Office in Staines, Middlesex, this is a client requirement. This is not a work from home or AMEX GBT office position.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize multiple meetings technology tools
- Self-starter, ability to be proactive and to motivate team member