Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Accurately check and load medical supplies and associated documentation in preparation for delivery.
- Delivery/collection of medical supplies and/or equipment to/from hospitals and other locations as needed.
- Ensure that the supplies/equipment are stored safely and securely in the vehicles to preserve product integrity and driver safety during transport.
- Complete daily vehicle pre-journey checks and report any defects prior to leaving the depot.
- Follow delivery route to optimise efficiency and meet hospital schedules.
- Accurately complete all appropriate documentation/systems and submit to the relevant person in a timely fashion.
- Communicate regularly with transport department and customer services regarding status of delivery route.
- Communicate any delivery or collection discrepancy when it occurs and report any potential service failure.
- Accept ad hoc assignments throughout the day, as and when required.
- Performs all other required delivery duties as assigned.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of you and other persons.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties which are reasonable and appropriate
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience working within a similar role - logistics and inventory control, in healthcare or a similar environment.
- Full UK driving licence (no more than 3 points).
- Able to use in cab equipment for tracking of deliveries.
- Able to demonstrate reliability, good time management and organising skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Good written and verbal communication/numerical skills.
- Good administrative and record keeping skills.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus skills.
- Follows procedures accurately.
- Working with the Transport Team and Transport Supervisor
- Co-ordinating with other departments such as Customer Services and Transport team
- Job-related KPI achievement
- Feedback from customers, peers and colleagues
- Accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a professional manner.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexible – able to facilitate change at short notice.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to all interactions both with team members and our customers.
- Able to demonstrate a strong customer service mentality and understand that some things must be acted upon with urgency and immediacy.
- A pro-active and willing to go the extra mile and offer the best possible service to our customers.