- Have the ability to understand what contributes to and effects the energy density of lithium ion batteries.
- Apply your knowledge to understand the limits on electrolyte materials performance.
- Deliver new materials to act as electrolytes in in lithium ion batteries.
- Synthesise and modify polymeric materials for lithium ion battery.
- Be able to characterise prepared materials with techniques to confirm purity, composition and structure.
Education and experience
- Have experience in the synthesis of polymeric materials.
- Knowledge of the mechanism of ionic mobility.
- Have a deep knowledge of one or several of the following characterisation methodologies: X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, Electrochemistry, Thermogravimetric analysis, X-ray Absorbtion Spectroscopy, Resonant Inelastic Xray Scattering, electrochemical online mass spectroxcopy.
- Expert knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Expert knowledge of electrochemistry.
- Ability to specify testing conditions and plan experimental procedure.