- Maintaining and strengthening O2’s reputation with national telecoms, business and financial journalists, customers, the public and other influential stakeholders.
- Building a plan of engagement with the industry analysts that follow Telefonica UK.
- The communication of O2’s quarterly financial results, ensuring positioning effectively demonstrates O2’s business strategy of customer-led, mobile-first.
- The development and execution of award-winning, standout, integrated communications campaigns for business initiatives, launches and key priorities, working closely with the Marketing Director and team to do so.
- Running a world-class Press Office that effectively manages incoming enquiries, risk, issues and crisis.
- Achieving a nationwide profile for the brand through a strategic campaigning platform, for which the Excomm members act as spokespeople.
- Offering strategic communications support and profile plans for Excomm members (aligned to the wider business strategy) through advice, counsel and challenge where necessary.
- Steering business planning with communications counsel and strategy.
- Providing high-level counsel and insight to the Director of Corporate Affairs at all times, ensuring the delivery of the function’s objectives are prioritised and distractions are minimised.
- Working alongside the Head of Public Affairs and Head of Internal Communications to produce coordinated communications activity, sharing resources to ensure alignment, consistency and efficiency.
- Driving excellence and best practice in all external communications delivery.
- Campaigning: the breath of this brief means that the individual needs to be able to lead consumer to corporate campaigns to drive awareness across media formats.
- Financial communications experience: confident managing the calendar of financial communications and adept at engaging and communicating with financial stakeholders.
- Team management: ability to manage cross functional teams to the highest level, driving collaboration, alignment to the strategy and performance.
- Strategic thinking: ability to develop the appropriate corporate communications strategy for the business and living by it. Ability to offer counsel at the highest level and respond effectively in a crisis situation.
Head of External Communications Recruitment Agency in London, Digital Media Recruitment Agency in London