- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in data centers
- Operate independently with limited direct management
- Assist in the design and build out of new facilities
- Act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within the data center region and work OT hours as needed to support site stability
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
- Troubleshoot and report of facility and data sever-level events within internal SLA
- Create and deploy new standard practices for Engineering Operations Technicians, Chief Engineers, and vendor support teams
- Provide training and guidance to Engineering Operations Technicians and assisting in recruiting efforts for the same
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to by vendor and Amazon staff
- Utilize internal Change Management Systems to manage building workflows
- MV/LV Isolation to facilitate MV maintenance
- Provide metric availability reporting on a weekly basis
- Communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection and immediate response.
- Proven experience of reading SLDs and control schematics.
- Ability to follow support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries into a trouble ticket system.
- Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making.
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate their ability to take ownership of technical issues brought to them by their customer base
Data Center Engineering Operations Chief Engineer Recruitment Agency in London, Data Cabling Recruitment Agency in London