- Deliver against aggressive targets for the Purchasing function to support organisational growth
- Primary accountability in the implementation and management of Supplier Contracts
- Lead complex negotiations and support the teams in the development of long term strategies for multi-million pound projects
- Create an organisation where talent is supported in its development by training, and mentoring assignments
- Encourage best practice and a culture of continuous improvement across all purchasing functions
- Build relationships with the various motorsport departments to ensure no delays to build / test programmes
- Ensure consistent procurement processes are undertaken throughout the supplier engagement process. Including as appropriate, assessment of supplier risk, management of objective evaluation, negotiation and contract generation
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Extensive procurement knowledge is vital, to ensure delivery of commercial agreements against programme targets, as well as identification of suppliers on a global basis
- Previous experience within the motorsport industry, especially GT racing or automotive production environments, would be a distinct advantage
- Proven supply chain experience / Experience in dealing with both small and large value organisations
- Experience of working cross-functionally within a development program involving diverse functions such as quality, logistics, development, planning.
- Demonstrable experience and success of contract management, tendering and negotiation
- Dynamic individual with the ability to respond to challenging situations in an innovative manner.
- Desire to develop, mentor and manage a team of ambitious individuals whilst ensuring targets are achieved
- Capable to work independently in contract implementation and management
- Fully accountable for actions with clear desire to take full responsibility for their teams KPIs
- Enthusiastic and with a high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to lead negotiations or support teams in the development of negotiations strategies for large and complex projects