- Supporting and fostering a cross-functional approach to achieve your objectives.
- Engaging with Engineering so that you are seen as a key decision-maker and able to exert influence.
- Setting of clear objectives and monitor performance of your suppliers and other functions within the organization.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- SAP or any ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) knowledge is essential.
- Delivering annual cost reduction targets.
- Capability to establish and manage contracts with supplier base via various projects.
- Ability to lead negotiations and support teams in the development of negotiations strategies for large and complex projects.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, deadline adherence and excellent attention to accuracy and detail.
- Able to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority.
- The determination to drive forward the business to ‘Best in Class’ performance standards.
- Must be capable of lateral thinking and be able to make structured and objective decisions.
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem solving.
- Results driven and the ability to deliver against targets to achieve the overall business objectives.
- Ability to play a lead role in contract implementation and management.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes.
- Proven supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value organizations.