- Extensive experience modifying Rockwell Automation PLC and SADA programs. Configuration of Rockwell VFD’s. Writing technical documentation such as: Functional Descriptions, Functional Specifications, Test Documents, etc. Responsible for the creation and modification of electrical controls related drawings.
- Perform control hardware firmware updates and manage firmware revisions. Maintain control software on all Process Automation PC’s, manage updates, manage maintenance agreement, etc. Provide 24/7 plant support.
- Technical writing. Modify/generate Databases. Generate/provide extensive and detailed documentation to communicate work progress, engineering analysis/studies and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Complete project execution as required consisting of system design and programming, documentation management, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, project schedule and budget adherence, as well as installation and start-up support.
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems. Trouble shoot, correct problems and provide technical support for new and existing systems. Develop validation documentation and implement validation plans
- Continually updates knowledge of appropriate cGMP, FDA, PMO, 3A, USDA, ADA, GAMP, ISO, and other State and Federal regulations.
Requirements and Skills
- B.S. degree in Engineering required. Professional Engineer license desirable.
- 6 years minimum Automation engineering and project design/management experience in food/pharmaceutical industry, preferably with evaporator/dryer manufacturing and automated packaging experience.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, multi-tasking and prioritizing under pressure.
- Work in changing environment where teamwork and collaboration are required with effective communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop and incorporate innovative concepts and technologies into functional processes.
- Ability to use and interpret analytical techniques to verify or select alternate design approaches.
- Excellent project engineering and project management experience.
- Extensive experience in the application development and troubleshooting using Rockwell Automation and GE iFix SCADA systems and standalone HMI applications.
- SQL and SSRS experience preferred.
- Highly proficient with SQL Data bases and SQL Reporting.
- Highly proficient with basic electrical codes and standards.
- Highly proficient with machine safety standard