- Commit to the whole lifecycle of delivering projects, from quoting to completion.
- Be forward thinking to identify when gaps and overloads may exist in the teams work load.
- Lead a team of engineers and, when needed, contractors, sub-contractors and work partners, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to quality requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks.
- Contract review and negotiation.
- Selection and management of any sub-contractors required for completion of project.
- Identifying and managing any work outside of project scope, ensuring customers’ expectations are clearly set out and met.
- Review future project requirements for resources and identifying training and development opportunities for your team.
- Develop engineers in your team, and manage expectations and progression.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Experience managing control system, PLC and SCADA type projects.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Positive, personable and happy team player.
- Contractual awareness would be advantageous.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Sometimes in life we are thrown curve balls, so you must be resilient to overcome adversity and lead your team through these times.
- Think outside the box and push the boundaries.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Skills and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of Process Industries, such as Oil & Gas is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience and knowledge of Functional Safety and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) is desirable, but not essential.